Saturday, December 12, 2009

My First Training Milestone (pun intended)

Hello All! Yesterday my accountability (Katie) texted me to see how far I ran. I responded with "our training says only 1.5 miles, so that's all I did." Did you catch that? I said ONLY. A month ago if you had told me to run 1.5 miles I might have looked at you and laughed, but yesterday, the word ONLY preceded the amount of 1.5. Now, you may not think that that's impressive at all, especially if you are of the unique running breed (ie, Abby), but that's HUGE for me. It's proof after just two weeks of training that I am getting somewhere (not literally because I start and finish running in the exact same spot, usually at my house) figuratively speaking of course. I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I woke up this morning (yes, SATURDAY morning) at 7 AM to run 3 miles. Do I get extra credit for running SO early AND when it was 28 degrees outside? I think I should. Anyway, I felt pretty good during the whole run and have yet to have an ibuprofen....so much improvement in so many ways. To reward my efforts, I guiltlessly ate a plump, delicious burrito at Moe's! I'm starting to think this whole training thing is going to be good for my appetite, and by that I mean, I love to eat (and am not shy at all), so this training might help balance the input and output of calories a tad....we'll see. Now I'm off to guiltlessly lay on the couch and watch tv for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment