Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I fought the wind and...WON!

That's right! Yesterday, I set out. Three layers on top and two on bottom with a toboggan on the head. I started running towards a fun little trail, the Capital Crescent trail to be exact, and then there was the wind! It attacked, but I, I was prepared! I had a wind breaker on. I then ran and ran and ran because that's what you do when you train for these things. It was when I turned the corner that I almost broke down. The wind was blowing harder than I have experienced in a LONG time. My eyes began to water, and I might have tripped, but I hate to digress. OOOOoo, on my run, I got a "Hey, Baby" too. See running is good for the self-esteem in many ways!
Just on a personal note, like I said I am in DC, and despite the wind's attempt to hamper my spirits, I love this place! Today my brother's girlfriend, Deidre, and I went to the American History museum (my fave!) and to the Washington Monument. After all my attempts (two) to get tickets to go up the thing, I finally succeeded! It was way cool (in all senses)! We had lunch at Old Ebbitt Grill, and Andy met up with us then. We walked by and said hello to the Obamas at their house on Pennsylvania Ave. In front of the White House was a lady dressed in white (funny) singing absolutely terribly. She kinda made me feel pretty awesome about my singing abilities (use your own judgement/experience to understand how bad this lady was!)!! After taking a few pictures (to last a lifetime), we headed back to Bethesda. There was NO running today. It was suppose to be a cross-training today, and my choice of cross-training was walking, of which I did a ton! That's all for now. Oh wait, Callie has 26 followers and we only have 5. I am envious of Callie and want more, so please help a poor girl out! ok, great! We're off to do fun late night things! And remember: I can. I will. I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment