Monday, December 28, 2009

Hello from the Capital City!

 Yes, that's right I'm in the District, well actually at the moment I'm in Bethesda, MD at my brother's apartment but close enough. The last week of pre-training went so well. I ran 4.5 miles on Tuesday, and I felt like a million bucks afterwards!!! It was the longest I had run thus far. I was so excited, and the rest of the week was just as great...then I came to DC. I had it all planned out. I was going to run down the Mall, along the Potomac, and maybe even by the White House for my big run today of 5 miles. I was so excited about it too because I had always seen people doing that and just thought it was great. Well I set out this morning about 9:30, and it was 35 degrees...with a 10-20 mph wind. I thought that it would be better once I got downtown, but I was wrong. I set out from the Capitol building for my run and didn't make it five feet before I thought I was going to literally be blown over. I could no longer feel my fingers or my legs, so I decided to abort. That's right. On the first day of real training, I gave up. Things aren't looking so great, but I'm thinking it's ok because people have to go on vacation while training for these things( right? ), so maybe this week will just have to count as mine due to the frigid weather that is NOT conducive to running.
On a better note, I have been working on my running mix, and so far, I have 33 pump-uping, keep-running, what-the-hell-are-you-doing songs to listen to as I run. I have found that I run better to rap music, so yes, my friends, I am listening to rap music outside of fraternity court, please be impressed! Oh, also I got the greatest news yesterday, Patty is going to run the half marathon with us!!! WHOO HOO!!! We're up to four crazy, crazy, people! Great, hey, if the majority does something, then it's considered normal and okay right? Well anywhoo, I'm going to get back to enjoying my time here! Peace and don't forget: I can. I will. I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment