Sunday, February 21, 2010

ONE MONTH!!!!

Ok, here's the deal: OUR 1/2 MARATHON IS ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!! I'm super excited about it too. I ran about 10 miles on Friday. I actually ran for 90 minutes. In Clinton, that's definitely 10 miles, but I was running in Dalton, which is FAR hillier. I'm not a fan of hills, just in case you were wondering. I don't think Atlanta (location of said race) will be as hilly as Dalton, should be pretty flat!
Anywhoo, so training is going well. I just need to start eating better. I have noticed that when I eat healthy things I run better. Well, I haven't been doing much of that lately because I think I'm invincible or something like that, I suppose. When it comes to food, I simply say, "Well, you ran ________ miles today, so why not have as much as you want of whatever you want." In the beginning that was fine, but now that the milage has increased, and my body needs some real nutrients. Now this transition might just become the hardest part of the training. I need help! I was able to read a book that told me when/how/where to run, and now I need directions on how to eat. All advice is appreciated.
Here's my life aside: I just spent the weekend in Nashville visiting Jenn (who is also running a 1/2 marathon! See everyone can do it!). We experienced a little bit of Dance Marathon with the hypnotist, not so much dancing though. Jenn gave me a tour of Vandy, took me to the Apple store to replace my power cord (alas, it died), and then we went to the UK/Vandy game (excellent game for those who might have missed it). Last night, we went out for drinks and caught up on life. Oh how I miss her! After traveling through TN, GA, and SC, I've finally made it to school. I'm now not doing my work and writing this blog. I did not run at all this weekend, shame on me, but I'm really going to try and pick it up this week (Katie ran 95 minutes today!!!! YAY!!!).
Now, I must try to be productive so that I will have time to run this week. Hasta Luego (No worries, I'm not back in Spain)!

No comments:

Post a Comment