xoxo- kt
Katie and I I are running the ING Half Marathon on March 21, 2010. We've have decided to document our journey to our goal of 13.1 miles, ie, the half marathon.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
misaligned.
so i don't even feel like going into detail about my retarded little body but if this gives you any hint of how big of a joke my body is... i went to the doctor for my mri results and he sent me to the physical therapist... the physical therapist just loved me so much! he told me he wanted to do a case study on me for one of his classes (i guess he teaches college anatomy or something smart like that). now i would totally be honored to have a case study done on me any OTHER time, but he wants to do this not because of how perfect I am, but how IMPERFECT my alignment in my body is. He said I should have had surgery before I was the age of 12 and that he doesn't understand how I can physically exert enough energy to run everyday. He also said I should "probably not try and pursue a career in athletics" or anything that remotely had to do with running. what a JOKE. He does want me to do this half marathon (i guess because I started tearing up a few times as he told me my issues) but that i should "retire" after i finish. I wish i could explain these alignment issues better but basically it just makes me walk and run completely wrong which makes me have issues in the knees, ankles, etc. OF COURSE. anyways I am trying to be positive but it sure is hard and I am failing miserably at it. I want to run this race SO SO bad!! The physical therapist gave me lots of exercises to do this week and I go back to him on friday. Not allowed to run this week--but I can do the elliptical and bike. Yesterday, I did 15 min on the bike, 65 min (6 miles) on the elliptical, and 15 min bike cooldown. It felt good especially because I was reading the BEST BOOK EVER! or at least one of them..."The Last Song"- Nicholas Sparks. I'm a sucker for anything he writes. Alright. Time for bed, not that I am tired or anything because I have literally been reading in bed most of the day. Gotta get up early and cook b-fast for mk to celebrate her job interview!!! AHH I HOPE SHE GETS IT SO BAD! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment