Saturday, January 9, 2010

Better Together

Our last semester of college has official started, and the first week has already passed. Katie and I ran twice this week together, and it is definitely easier to run with someone else, fo sho! We ran 3 miles on Thursday and 4 yesterday. Both runs felt pretty great, but yesterday it was slightly cold (and by slightly, I mean extremely); however, today it's even colder! Right now it's about 18 degrees outside. We're about to take Katie's friend (she met in LA) Carly to the airport (she came to visit for a few days), and we're going to do our five mile run in Greenville at a fun little park. It's bound to be blistering cold, but we have to do this. We've both learned to wear lots and lots of layers. In fact, we wear so many different pieces of clothing that we probably look like cute little marshmallows. If you happen to see said marshmallows running (or laying) down the road please feel free to honk and wave eccentrically. We love it! 
On a personal note, I have officially survived my first week of student teaching, and I want to go back for week number two! That in itself is a good sign I think. The teachers at my school have formed a little family, and they have welcomed us into it. The kids are great! Needless to say, I love 3rd grade! Hope y'all are staying warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment